Last weeks post on surviving colds and flu’s received a lot of interest and I had lots of lovely messages from readers sharing their own tips and advice. One emails caught my eye and I though it was a really useful infographic that was worth sharing with you.
See below for a wonderful list of Natural things that you can do right from the comfort of home to help your family members make it through a bad cold or flu and ease all their symptoms with this list of Natural Home Remedies.
- Hydration: Flu dehydrates us. Doctors suggest that drinking plenty of water and liquids improves the immune system and flushes out the infection.
- Vitamin D: Sunshine is a great source of natural warmth and vitamin D, sunshine boosts the fighting capacity of the body, drives away the sick feeling and rejuvenates the body.
- Garlic: Rich in organic sulfur (an antimicrobial), try including garlic in your diet. According to doctors, raw garlic not only alleviates the cold but erases any chances of new infections.
- Chicken Soup: There is nothing more comforting than a hot chicken broth. To make it tastier and more effective, sprinkle some black pepper, lemon juice and your favorite herbs like thyme and oregano.
- Ginger: When crushed and mixed with honey, ginger has a soothing effect on the throat. You can also consume it as a tea by dicing some slices into the water along with salt and honey and simmering it for a few minutes.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is more than just a tasty fall season spice. With its warm nature, the spice provides relief in congestion and inflammation of the respiratory system. Sprinkle some on your oatmeal or simply add it to your tea or coffee.
- Vapour Steam: A really powerful doctor approved home-remedy is to cover your head with a towel and take steam from hot water infused with herbs or your favourite vapour rub.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Natural and effective, ACV works best in flu remedies when a teaspoon is taken with warm water and honey.
- Yogurt: The probiotics in yogurt kill the bad bacteria causing flu. Including it in your daily diet can do wonders.
- Salt Water: Simply mix a teaspoon of sea salt to warm water and gargle with it frequently to get immediate relief in throat infection.
Above all, remember love is the best medicine! So, love them more when they are sick and need it the most and when it’s your turn enjoy the same kind of pampering. (Let’s Hope anyways)