PJ Masks Deluxe set review
You might recall how I mentioned the utter hyper reaction to the arrival of the Sea Patroller well this was pretty much repeated with the arrival of the this fabulous set of PJ Mask figures. PJ Masks really is the programme of the moment for kids my boys ages. They both love it. In fact I am not longer Mamma they refer to me as “Owelette” my oldest is “Catboy” and the youngest is “Gekko”.
I am a huge believer in imaginative play and sets like these do wonders to foster it. I see how the kids can be consumed with TV and tablets so I try do encourage this type of play. The fact they love the show is a massive help in this task.
The set is made up of 16 parts that’s 14 figures and 2 accessories:
- The core crew of Catboy, Owlette, and Gekko
- The bad guys as im reliably informed of Romeo, Luna Girl, Night Ninja and the Ninjalinos (these guys are stackable and pretty adorable!)
- Pet figures for each of the core crew ie – Catboy’s Cat, Owlette’s bird, and Gekko’s lizard
- The accessories included are Squashatron, Luna Girl’s Luna Orb, and Night Ninja’s Sticky Splat
Toys like this I really feel are almost guaranteed to be a hit such is the popularity of the underlying shows. Personally what I liked was the size of the figures, often sets like this come with small figures which get lost easily and result in poor mama spending hours searching for them. By way of illustration see pic of opposite of Gekko in my five year old’s hands. At the pricely sum of €36 this set isn’t cheap but having given it a through road test by the five year old and a trial with my almost 3 year old aka Mr Destruction the set is pretty robust. I think this is a great option as a gift for little people ages 3+ the popularity of the show and the comprehensive nature of the set will make it a sure fire hit.
Note: We were sent the set to review however all views are mine or the boys where appropriate.
Paw Patrol Sea Patroller
Paw Patrol Sea Patroller – Our Review
You have to picture the scene for this one…..you are four years old and love the TV show Paw Patrol and wait for it …..this lands through the door! I only wish I videoed his reaction. I can only liken his reaction to my own if I won the lotto!!
He is beyond thrilled as he had been eyeing it up on the TV ad for the last number of weeks. The product itself is recommended for ages 3 plus and retails at a hefty €80. So whats included for the price -key features include:
Paw Patrol Sea Patroller contents
- The Sea Patroller itself can be converted to both a land and a sea vehicle quite easily (but its not a water toy!);
- It does light up and make sounds (it takes batteries but they are included);
- It comes with Ryder and his quad or ATV as im reliably informed. Not sure I knew what an ATV was at 4!
- A cage to lower Ryder down for his rescues
- A life ring launcher (this is what the kids totally love!!) – it quite literally launches the life ring when you push the button;
- Its quite big, definitely much bigger than I expected but im not complaining – it has the wow factor and its the ideal size of sharing and going on “secret missions” as my pair call them.
Mamma Fairy Verdict
I’m calling it now, I think this going to be one of the hot toys for 2017 – last year it was the Paw Patrol Air Patroller among my sons pre school friends and I sense this will be this years equivalent. Its a big toy with lots of fun parts to it and therefore lots of opportunity for kids to let their imaginations run wild.
Just one word of caution though, it doesn’t come with any of the pups. My Paw Patrol fanatics already had most if not all of them so wasn’t an issue but perhaps something to keep in mind. I think Santa will have his work cut out this year making Sea Patrollers and if the excitement here is anything to go by I suspect this toy will be very well received.
It’s readily available both on line and in most toys shops.
Note: We were sent this toy for the purpose of this review however this in no way influences mine or the boys opinion where appropriate.