Sometimes it can be tough to pick gifts for the woman in your life, so I thought why not compile a list of honest recommendations of what women really want, from the practical to the luxurious we have compiled some recommendations below.
I know you are thinking this is a high risk option!! Trust me on this, I found found the perfect offering with sizing that makes the decision a whole lot easier. I bring you Identity Lingerie. These are a small family run company making beautiful yet practical nightwear and underwear. The products are ethically made and environmentally friendly another mega plus in my book. In terms of sizing the products come in size s – xxl, by way of example 32A, 32B, 32C, 32D, 34AA, 34A, 34B represents a small so a lot easier to choose sizes.
I love good nightwear, it really is my treat to myself and I was lucky enough to be sent some of the nightwear product so I can hand on heart attest to the quality of the fabric and workmanship. They are super comfy. I have the Japanese Silk in Navy and I adore them. The fit is excellent as is the quality and they have been washed multiple times are still perfect. I see they are 40% off at the moment making them £59.90 which in my mind is excellent value for what you get. Pic opposite from the webpage as im pretty sure nobody wants to see me in my pjs!
I really think its hard to go wrong with some good quality nightwear. Its a splurge item many of us put to the bottom of our list but something that’s luxurious that we would all really appreciate. I think anyway. Do check out Identity Lingerie, speaking from experience and being fortunate enough to have some of their beautiful products you wont be disappointed.
If buying lingerie or PJ’s isn’t your thing what about a beautiful robe from Irish brand Zzzana the robes are super luxurious and made from eco friendly organic bamboo.
Makeup and Skin care
It can be easy to become overwhelmed with the myriad of options when it comes to gifting skincare and makeup however never fear, I have done the hard work and
spoke to my sister, my sister in law and my best pals to see what makeup/ skin care brands really and truly get the thumbs up.
- Hand Hygiene – unfortunately the dreaded c word together with cold are flus are still doing the rounds so we went for an ultra practical teachers gift this year. The Ovelle Hand Hygiene gift set for €20 is practical and good value and supports and Irish family business.
- Make up brushes – one brand that kept cropping up when we talked about make up brushes was Blank Canvas I did have a look on their website and I was so impressed with the selection of stocking filler or even Secret Santa gifts. The F20 foundation brush is a cult favourite and it was been refreshed for Christmas with some really cool designs. Have a look also at the Luxury Christmas Cracker…. really good value.
- Make up – Up Cosmetics is a new luxury brand available exclusively at boots . How gorgeous is the packaging?…….such a luxury feel to it. I think the palettes would be a gorgeous gift. They are highly pigmented and really do last the distance, my sister is a massive fan and she knows her make up!
- Body wash – we have just returned from an epic trip to Jordan and before we departed a lovely gift set arrived from Arran of Scotland, it was the “After Rain” one. We took it with us as they were perfect travel size. The smell is really lovely and the products were excellent after our dip in the harsh salty Dead Sea. I see they do a home fragrance gift set too which I think would be really lovely. The scent is so fresh and relaxing and not overpowering.
- Daisybelle – if you are still unsure what to choose why not pop onto daisybelle.ie which is a one stop shop for your beauty needs. Orders are packed and dispatched in Ireland. Some of my own favourites from the site are the Sanctuary Spa products, the fragrance is still iconic after all these years. It really invokes lovely memories of growing up. The sleep mist is another from the brand that I cannot do without even the kids try to use this one! Also can recommend the Faith in Nature range, I find the tea tree wash great after sports for my pair. The fragrances are all 100% natural,made from naturally derived ingredients and essential oils, which are Vegan and Cruelty-Free, SLS, Paraben and Artificial Colours Free and have beautifully natural fragrance. Why not have a think about Swedish Collagen, I have just started to use this having heard great reports about it. The vitamins and minerals that are found in Swedish Collagen are carefully selected for their positive effects on the skin. They work together with collagen to protect and reproduce healthy skin cells and reduce inflammation in the skin, nourish and improve skin quality and help keep the skin healthy and strong. While these are just some of my own picks, do check out www.daisybelle.ie for lots of great ideas and brands. It is worth signing up to their newsletter too to hear about offers, discounts etc.
An usual choice for a gift you might say but I can assure you if the women in your life is interested in water sports or like me has embraced the latest sea swimming trend she will really appreciate good quality swimwear. My top pick speaking from using the products all summer are swimsuits from Halocline Swimwear I know when I first started sea swimming I found it difficult to get longer length swimwear, I wanted something to my knee for comfort under the wetsuit and being honest im probably a bit more self conscious of my shape after having 2 kids so felt a lot more comfortable in the longer length. The swimwear is chlorine proof, UV 50+ Protection, sun cream and oil resistant. Halocline don’t just do ladies swimwear they also do a great range of boys and girls swimwear and men not forgetting the men!!. My boys spent a week at sea swimming lessons last summer and gave the jammers a big thumbs under for under their wetsuits.
On the off chance somebody that knows me well is reading this and thinking about what they would like to buy me for Christmas, I would really like a dry bag for my swim gear, the Halocline one is big enough for swimwear, a small towel and accessories like comb, goggles and a nose clip. Ideal addition for a swimmers kit. Another related gift for the seas swimmer or gym goer in your life is the The Gear Bag Mini Gift Set from The Soft Cotton Shop priced at €48.00, it comprises the Joy Towel (compact, highly absorbent, and fast drying) together with the Organicules Shampoo Bar and Organicules Natural Deodorant. I think this would be a really nice gift.
With the gym goer in mind, it is worth also having a nosey at Human Collective . This is a gift with a cause that your friends, family and planet will love. From cosy lux hoodies and half-zip sweatshirts to comfortable loungewear co-ords, colourful beanies and more, Human Collective collection is made using sustainable fabrics and ethical practices while also donating €3 to three important Irish charities with every purchase. The soft mint coloured beanie is on my list, as we are off to Lapland in January so something practical for me!
When I was researching this feature something I stumbled across and fell in love with was LilyMais hoodies and robes. They are amazing, handmade in West Kerry from repurposed towels. Have a nosey at the colours, divine, I love everything about them from the bright colours to the brands message, love love love.
For the last number of months we have heard so much in the media about luggage not making it on flights and being lost/ misplaced etc. With 2 flights each way last month to Jordan, a change in airport and booked myself I was a tad concerned our bags might go astray, I was very grateful when Tile kindly sent us their Bluetooth tracker for our luggage. The Tile Mate was the one we tried, it is super easy to use even for the less tech savvy among us! It works with both apple and Android, it is really neat in size, waterproof and retails at €18.99.
A really great practical gift whether for a travel or I have heard people using them to help find their keys. I know other people have said they have used them for their kids school bags and for older relatives, the really do seem very versatile and in terms of functionality they work really well and give us a lot of added peace of mind for our recent travels.
Another perfect gift for a travel enthusiast is the gift of an experience, experience Gifts has a variety of experience gifts for women to choose from. I would love this myself and what a great selection to choose form across many locations,
In the same vein what about travel related gift for somebody living away from home? Jando have you covered, we received a gift of a Jando print from a relative a few years back and it still sparks conversation when people come into our home. The brands signature style captures iconic architecture in a unique pop-art palette, blending traditional and contemporary printing techniques and hand-drawn illustrations to create their distinctive collections. I see they also do other items from totes to teas towels and at great prices. Adore the new soundwaves collection, planning to get a special song done, think its a really lovely idea.
Note: Where a product has been sent to me for review this has been mentioned above however all views are my own.