We spend so much of our time as a family being outdoors. By splitting our time between Dublin and Donegal means the incredible Wild Atlantic Way is quite literally on our doorstop. We grab every chance to spend time exploring it. The boys are kind of at that awkard age where they want to want walk but still get tired (
lazy) after a while.
I received an email a number of months back wondering if we would be interested in giving the YippieYo a go. I had just given our Phil & Teds to my sister in law so it was perfect timing!
There was great excitment when the postman delivered a massive box to the front door. Following a very easy assembly we were good to go. My husband (and rightly so) is a total safety obssesive. The YippieYo got a thorough going over and once it passed his inpection out we went.
The YippieYo isnt a stroller or double buggy like id ever come across before. It fits two children side by side with 5 point safety harness that my little houdini can’t even escpae from! I understand the YippieY0 complies with all safety and quality standards in accordance with the European Standard for Pushchairs and Prams (EN 1888) and is GS certified in Germany. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
- See above – how safe it is, safety when it comes to my kids safety is paramount so this for me is a key consideration
- It is so easy to use and pull along. Both my husband and I are in total agreement about this.
- The brake – we tested it (minus kids) on the steep hill outside our house and it didnt budge!
- It comes in a range of colour options and accessories, speaking of accessories you can get clip on LED lights which I think ever buggy should have.
- No issues with the rough terrain in Donegal! And zero complaints from the kids when out about about in it.
- This is Ireland! Id love some kind of clip on rain hood. Not a deal breaker but a definite nice to have for me
- It is big for transporting, not an issue for us but might be it you had a smaller car
Mamma Fairy Verdict:
Overall the YippieYo gets a big thumbs up from the Mamma Fairy house, it delivers exactly what it promises, its safe, its comfortable and suitable for all terrains. We received this before Christmas and it gets very regular use in this house.
Note: We were sent the YippieYo for review however the views expressed by myself and the boys are in no way influenced by this.