Last year we went on what was supposed to be a once in lifetime trip to Rovaniemi, Lapland. It so magical and captivating that we have decided to go back again this year. In conversation with Visit Rovaniemi I asked them was there any new activities/ restaurants for 2019. They very kindly sent me on all the new activities etc which I though might be helpful for return visitors like ourselves.
- Happy Fox: Happy Fox Suites
- Apukka Resort: 17 new Aurora Cabins, 3 Lappish Komsio Suites.
- Forenom: Forenom Serviced Apartments Rovaniemi Valtakatu 35, 96200 Rovaniemi.
- Sky Hotel Ounasvaara opening after renovation as a 4 star hotel.
- Nova Skyland: New apartments
- Santa Claus Holiday Village: 14 new Family Suites, each suite fits 2 adults + 3 children.
- District Rovaniemi: Yurt accommodation.
- Arctic Dreams House: Private Luxury Experience in Ranua. Wikkelä Villa all inclusive –stays.
- Snowest Travels: Villa Snowest, Villa for 16 persons (420m2) https://www.snowesttravels.com/villa-snowest/
New Northern Light Activities:
- Aurora Adventure by Open Fire by Happy Fox
- Aurora Dinner 3h by Happy Fox
- Aurora Sky Drive – Chasing Auroras in warmth of glass roof bus by Safartica
- Aurora Theater – Photography tour with smoked dinner by Safartica
- Aurora Boat Tour by Simojärven Safarit
- Northern Lights Skiing by Beyond Arctic
- Northern Lights Safari with Husky Dogs by Parpalandia
- Kon-Tiki Tours: Aurora Rovaniemi Package (5 days package) & Lapland Winter –package
- Beyond Arctic: Cinema & workshop https://beyondarctic.com/cinema-and-workshop
OTHER NEW PRODUCTS:
- Wintery Husky Hugging by Arctic Circle Husky Park
- Wilderness, silence and huskies by Arctic Circle Husky Park
- Sirmakko Reindeer Farm + Kota restaurant
- Ounasvaara Outdoor Resort: More Children-friendly option for skiing
- Ranua Zoo: Alpaca farm -visits
- Arctic Lifestyle: Ice carting with new carts and timekeeping system
- Arctic Design Shop: Luggage storage network BAGBNB
- Restaurant Nabo (Valtakatu 21). https://restaurantnabo.fi/
Thanks so much to Visit Rovaniemi for the above list, we cant wait to try out some of the above.
For more on our trip Lapland: