I am very lucky that as part of the blogging world there is a lovely community of bloggers who help each other out. None more so than Award winning Blogger One Yummy Mummy (website here). I have a fussy eater 3 year and an almost 9 month old. At the moment its dinner for 3 year old, dinner for 9 month old and another for us. In an effort to streamline meal times I hooked up with the lovely Jolene for a recipe idea both my boys would enjoy. Fish is always a hit with Mr Fussy eater so I was delighted to get a recipe both could enjoy. I am no Nigella in the kitchen and gratefully accept all help in this department.
See below for recipe, all readily available and super easy for the likes of me!
Recipe for Tasty Fish bits
- 2 pieces of fresh cod
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g breadcrumbs – brown or white
- 1 tsp thyme
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6
- Cut the fish into chunks carefully removing all bones
- Put the flour on a plate. Put the eggs in a second shallow dish. Put the breadcrumbs on a third plate and mix in the thyme,
- Take a piece of cod dust it in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in beaten egg,, then coat in breadcrumbs pressing them on lightly with your fingers.
- Put on a plate. Repeat until all the pieces are coated.
- Spray an oven proof dish with olive oil
- cook in the oven on the top shelf for 20 mins